You will be teaching courses in college-level English including English Composition, Developmental Education courses , and other writing courses as assigned.
For more opportunities go to: Other Opportunities
Organization: Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a debt-free and progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus, which supports three additional locations. Situated on the front range of the Colorado Rockies, and enjoying 300+ days of sunshine a year, Aims Community College is student success oriented and prepares students for success in more than 200 degree and certificate programs. You are not just a number here at Aims Community College, our wonderful Staff, Faculty, and Administration work as a team to ensure excellent service and offer the most affordable tuition in the front range.
Duty Station: USA
Open To: Master’s Degree in English
Timeframe: not mentioned
Deadline: 01 October,2020
Job description: 1. Teach courses in college-level English including English Composition, Developmental Education courses , and other writing courses as assigned.
- Apply learning-centered educational practices that provide a diverse array of learning activities directly tied to defined outcomes, use assessment data to improve instruction and learning, and participate in ongoing department and College-wide dialogues about teaching and learning.
- Use appropriate computer-based technologies and alternative methodologies to enhance student learning.
Further responsibilities of part-time faculty at the College:
- Provide effective and high quality instruction.
- Develop and refine curriculum as necessary per department mandates.
- Adopt new teaching methodologies as appropriate or as designated by Department Chair or Academic Dean.
- Work as a team member with a genuine spirit of cooperation and flexibility.
- Participate in institutional and departmental retention activities.
- Assist the English Department in program and curriculum review, revision, development and assessment of learning.
- Work toward fulfillment of the College’s mission and purposes and implement department, division, and/or institutional goals as assigned.
- Collaborate in the development and implementation of diagnostic, formative, and summative assessments of learning for students in English and Developmental Education courses.
- Maintain positive and professional interpersonal relationships with students, faculty, staff, and administration.
- Demonstrate a willingness to embrace and apply the provisions of the College’s Mission Statement, Purpose, Philosophy, and Commitment to Diversity.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Department Chair or Academic Dean.
Qualifications: 1. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a part/full-time basis.
- Master’s Degree in English, or closely related discipline, from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must reside in Northern Colorado area. (Unless hired for on-line assignments).
- One year (30 credit hours) of teaching experience at the community college level, including experience working with adult and non-traditional learners.
- Demonstrated experience in alternative delivery pedagogies, e.g. online, hybrid, learning communities.
Wage/Fees: not mentioned
Application process: Clearly document job duties performed that relate to responsibilities, qualifications, and essential job duties in the “Work Experience” section on the application. Also, the incumbent must clearly outline dates of employment and English credit hours worked per term for each teaching employment experience. Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements, Resume, Diversity Statement, Teaching Philosophy, Transcripts
Useful links: Aims Community College
edited by Chiara D’Ambrosio
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
Do you want to start an International Career? If you want to know something more about our association activities visit the website www.internationalcareersfestival.org