The International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB) is looking for an Administrative Assistant in its office in Trieste, Italy! Apply now!
For more opportunities go to International Organizations
Organization: The International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB) is an intergovernmental organization. Established as a special project of UNIDO, it became fully autonomous in 1994 and now counts over 60 Member States.
The organization provides a scientific and educational environment of the highest standard and conducts innovative research in life sciences for the benefit of developing countries. It strengthens the research capability of its Members through training and funding programmes and advisory services and represents a comprehensive approach to promoting biotechnology internationally.
The Centre is dedicated to advanced research and training in molecular biology and biotechnology and holds out the prospect of advancing knowledge and applying the latest techniques in the fields of:
- crop improvement
- environmental protection/remediation
- biopharmaceuticals and biopesticide production
With Components in Trieste, Italy, New Delhi, India and Cape Town, South Africa, the Centre forms an interactive network with Affiliated Centres in ICGEB Member States. ICGEB is part of the United Nations System.
At present more than 400 people from 38 different countries are working in the ICGEB laboratories as research scientists, postdoctoral fellows, PhD students, research technicians and administrative personnel.
Duty Station: Trieste
Open To: Candidates who meet the requirements
Timeframe: Initial period of three months, with possibility of one year further extensions subject to performance
Deadline: 31 March 2018
Job description: The ICGEB is looking for an Administrative Assistant, Legal and Administration Office. Under the general supervision and guidance of the Chief, Legal and Administration, the incumbent will be required to perform the following duties:
- Provide administrative assistance in the management of matters pertaining to the overall running of the office, including documents analysis and summary, powerpoint presentations, tables and charts, activity reports etc.
- Review the incoming correspondence, e-mails, administrative routine correspondence, prepare the necessary draft letters and take action where possible
- Keep and update the agenda of the supervisor, maintain travel and work schedules, including travel arrangements when requested, e.g. flight schedule, visa etc.
- Maintain and carry out the filing/archiving of all documentation of the Office, both in electronic and hard formats, including documents digitalization
- Keep contact directories updated, including international organizations, private partners, member states representatives, consultants, etc.
- Interact with the Office of the Director-General and Offices of the Director, New Delhi and Cape Town Components, as well as with the Units of the Administration within the three Components, on all matters related to the administration of the Organization
- Provide support in meetings and any other events with stakeholders representatives, including preparation of the agenda, background documents, logistics, hospitality, as requested
- Perform other work related duties as may be required
- High School Diploma and proficiency in office automation is essential
- University degree is an asset
- Two years minimum experience in a similar position is required
- Ability to perform a broad range of specialized activities, including data/schedule management, excellent IT skills (Mac environment, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Mail, FileMaker Pro and other databases use), maintenance of protocol, information flow
- Ability to search, extract, interpret, analyze data; problem solving attitude; ability to take minutes and draft documents
- Excellent organization/prioritization to cope with multi-tasking performance, discretion, tact, attention to detail and helpfulness.
- The incumbent should be at ease in an international environment, possess strong ability in communication and consistently approach work with energy, positive and constructive attitude, should remain calm, in control and good humored even under pressure and with tight deadlines, should demonstrate openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- English mother tongue or equivalent level and knowledge of Italian are essential, other UN languages are an asset
Wage/Fees: Not specified
AREA Science Park
34149 Trieste, ITALY
edited by Martina Di Giovanni
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.