World Food Programme is looking for Temporary Administrative Assistants. Read the description and apply for an outstanding opportunity in one of the most important International Organizations of the world!
Click on International Organizations to see more opportunities
Organization/Company: WFP was first established in 1961 after the 1960 Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO) Conference, when George McGovern, director of the US Food for Peace Programmes, proposed establishing a multilateral food aid programme. The WFP was formally established in 1963 by the FAO and the United Nations General Assembly on a three-year experimental basis. In 1965, the programme was extended to a continuing basis.
The WFP is governed by an Executive Board which consists of representatives from 36 member states. Ertharin Cousin is the current Executive Director, appointed jointly by the UN Secretary General and the Director-General of the FAO for a five-year term. She heads the Secretariat of the WFP. The European Union is a permanent observer in the WFP and, as a major donor, participates in the work of its Executive Board.
Assisting 80 million people in around 80 countries each year, the World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization fighting hunger worldwide, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience
Duty Station: Rome, Italy
Open To: Young people with a secondary school education and at least two years of relevant office (secretarial/administrative) experience
Timeframe: Not mentioned
Deadline: Not mentioned
Job description: WFP is seeking qualified applicants to its roster for Temporary Administrative Assistants based in our Headquarters in Rome, Italy. WFP recruits local administrative staff for short term assignments at the entry levels of the General Service category. The duration of the short term assignment may vary from 1 to 11 months
The main duties are:
- Collect, sort and disseminate correspondence, reports and other materials, to meet the required demands of staff to time standards.
- Respond to simple routine queries with readily available support by senior staff, and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate response to enquiries.
- Support the maintenance of office files, documents and records in accordance with established systems and processes, so that information is current and readily available for staff.
- Undertake standard data entry tasks in accordance with defined systems, to ensure information is organised and readily available.
- Assist in creating simple images or information using standardised templates, such as graphs or tables to support the drafting of reports for staff
Applications are open to:
- Italian nationals: with a valid passport or identity card
- EU citizens: with a valid passport or identity card AND confirmation of registration from the Italian police authorities or Registrar’s Office (Anagrafe)
- Non-EU citizens: a valid Italian Resident Permit (renewal slips will not be accepted).
Qualifications: Candidates should have:
- Completion of secondary school education.
- At least two years of relevant office (secretarial/administrative) experience – each employment record in the CV should contain a detailed description of clerical duties performed
- Reside within the Rome commuting area.
- Ability to use standard office equipment such as photocopiers and scanners
- Ability to follow standard business support processes and procedures
- Knowledge of standard office software packages, e.g. Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint. Computer knowledge and skills should be recorded under the CV
- Ability to handle a large volume of work quickly and accurately under time constraints
- Courtesy, tact and ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds in a team environment
- Good attention to details.
Fluency (Level C) in English language.
Wage/Fees: Not mentioned
Application process: Application by the announcement
Roma, via Cesare Giulio Viola 68
tel. +39 06 6513 2691
Edited by Silvia Cortese
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.