The National Democratic Institute provides young leaders with an opportunity to better understand how the Institute’s programs are designed, implemented, and evaluated. Find out more and apply!
Organization: NDI is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization working to support and strengthen democratic institutions worldwide through citizen participation, openness and accountability in government
Duty Station: Washington D. C.
Open to: Undergraduate and graduate students
Timeframe: 3-6 months
Deadline: Specific for each position or not specified
The National Democratic Institute offers paid internship opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students — as well as young professionals — from diverse backgrounds who want to learn about international development focused on democracy and governance.
Interns at work:
- gain substantive professional experience and critical skills for work in the non-profit sector
- attend a three-day hands-on workshop focused on writing, social media, and administrative skills, as well as guidance for post-internship job searches and a technology science fair
- access free in-house training programs — for both job-related and lifelong skills to enhance career opportunities
- receive personal and professional development opportunities including meeting with NDI senior leadership and building future career networks
- attend workshops, lectures, and other in-house events including frequent brown bag lunches with NDI speakers and associated institutions working all over the world
Click here to check the current internship openings
- fluency in oral and written English; additional language skills strongly desirable, particularly Arabic, Russian, Spanish or French
- knowledge and interest in NDI fields of work
- flexibility and good organization skills (team-oriented and multi-tasking)
See the specific requirements for each opening
Wage/fees: Most of the internships are usually paid (amount not specified)
Use this form if you want to reach NDI
Edited by Tatiana Camerota
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.