If your dream is to work for an international organization, then you should definitely apply for this opportunity! The ICGEB is striving to promote a sustainable global development. Do you want to be part of its team? If you meet the requirements, apply now and fly to Italy!
For more opportunities go to: International Organizations
Organization: The International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB), established in 1983, is an international, intergovernmental organisation conceived as a Centre of excellence for research, training and technology transfer to industry in the field of biotechnology to promote sustainable global development. The Centre conducts innovative research in life sciences and strengthens the research capability of its over 60 Member States through training, funding programs and advisory services. Located in Trieste (Italy), New Delhi (India) and Cape Town (South Africa), and in collaboration with over 40 Affiliated Centres worldwide, the three ICGEB Components provide a scientific and educational environment of the highest international standards.
Duty Station: Trieste, Italy
Open To: candidates with good educational background, experience in computer usage and previous experience in this field of activity.
Timeframe: Initial period of three months, with the possibility of one year further extensions subject to performance
Deadline: 8th November 2019
Job description: Under the direct supervision of the Head, Meetings & Courses Unit, and in coordination with the Programme Assistant, Meetings & Courses Unit, the duties of the staff member will be:
1) Collaborating in the preparation and organization of the ICGEB meetings/courses and conferences held in Trieste, as follows:
- process participantsʼ data from general enquiries to attending a course, including electronic archive of applications and update of dedicated database;
- assist in preparation work needed before, during and after meetings, in particular timely update logistic arrangements and material; update rooming and other lists; prepare and update insurance lists;
- assist participants before and during meetings, in particular providing assistance at registration; providing assistance at lunch service with cafeteria, eventual poster session(s), logistics;
- general correspondence and filing;
- assistance in the meeting follow-up.
2) Assisting in overall duties involved in the ICGEB short-term training programme, including:
- daily running of the ICGEB meeting/courses and conferences held in Member States, as required;
- preparation of mail outs;
- other duties as required within the Unit.
- Good educational background, experience in computer usage (in particular with database, Word and graphic programmes);
- Previous experience in this field of activities; good attitude towards team-working, steadiness under pressure, flexibility;
- Fluency in English (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge of Italian is desirable. Additional UN language would be an asset.
Wage/Fees: level G1 based on the UN Salary Scale
Application process: Candidates should submit their full CV by completing the ICGEBʼs Personal History Form available online together with a cover letter outlining motivation for application and full contact details of three referees. Applications should be addressed via email to HR & Personnel Unit at the e-mail address below, quoting reference PU/TS/05-19.
edited by Valentina Murace
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
Do you want to start an International Career? If you want to know something more about our association activities visit the website www.internationalcareersfestival.org