Are you a young candidate who has already taken first steps in an international career? If the answer is yes, this calling is for you. The International Careers Course offers you a great opportunity for growth and comparison, within an international, multicultural, young and dynamic space. This is an amazing opportunity for those who wish to increase and diversify their experience in the sector, as the International Careers Course will enrich your Curriculum Vitae and your personal experience, giving you the opportunity to meet leading figures at the international level.
For more opportunities go to: International Organizations
Organization: The Giovani nel Mondo Association is an independent, non-profit, non-denominational, and apolitical organization. The Assocation pursues educational and cultural, both international and national, goals; its primary focus is youth and young adults, ages between eighteen and thirty years old, to assist and accompany them on their education path and their professional, academic, and socio-cultural growth. Among its activities, the association organizes simulations of the working procedures typical of international organizations, including the Rome Model United Nations.
Duty Station: Rome
Open To: young candidates looking for an international career with relevant previous experience in this sector and a good level of English
Timeframe: from the 7th to the 10th of March 2020
Deadline: 25 October 2019
Job description: The event, which will take place during the International Careers Festival, attracts many young people from all over the world:
- During these 4 days there will be workshops, seminars and simulations aimed at introducing them to the dynamics of the development of an international career;
- Professionals will give their testimonies and hold lectures while at the same time providing a work of accompaniment and mentorship on the students;
- The mentors will help the participants to optimize and personalize the knowledge that will be passed on within the course, based on their paths, ambitions, expectations;
- Each selected mentor will be assigned to a specific group of students interested in a particular field of international careers: European Institutions, UN, NGOs, Private Enterprises, Diplomacy, Universities, Regional Agencies among others;
- It will be up to the mentors to follow the participants during the workshops and provide them with an orientation that allows them to identify strengths and points to be improved based on the career goal set as a goal by the students;
- The mentors will also be required to prepare teaching material for the participants, related to their field of specialization, as well as working closely with the Program Director and the Executive Director in organizing the event.
- Work for at least 1 year in one of the categories listed with international projection: European Institutions, UN, NGOs, Private Enterprises, Diplomacy, Universities, Regional Agencies, Training Institutes, Social Enterprises;
- Knowledge of the 2030 Agenda of the United Nations;
- Speak fluently English (knowledge of French will be considered a plus);
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to move in an intercultural context;
- Availability for the course dates (from 7 to 10 March 2020);
- Availability for organizational meetings (pre-event), possibly remotely;
- Previous experience in mentorship activities will be considered a plus.
Wage/Fees: The selected tutors will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Free participation in the festival;
- Board and lodging in the official hotel of the event;
- Partial reimbursement of travel expenses to and from Rome;
- Final certificate.
Application process: Interested candidates must send their CV and a motivation letter to the email address below.
edited by Valentina Murace
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
Do you want to start an International Career? If you want to know something more about our association activities visit the website www.internationalcareersfestival.org