The Violence Prevention and Response Team is looking for a Communications Intern who will work closely with the Sr. Technical Director and with technical staff across our team. This is an excellent opportunity to expose yourself to a wide range of technical programs led by one of the leading INGOs in the humanitarian field and acquire first-hand experience in communications and programs. Apply now!
For more opportunities go to: International Organizations.
Organization: The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover and gain control of their future. In more than 40 countries and in 26 U.S. cities, their dedicated teams provide clean water, shelter, health care, education and empowerment support to refugees and displaced people.
Duty Station: New York, USA.
Open To: University students.
Timeframe: Part-time. Schedule can be flexible, but a commitment of at least 16-20 hours per week is expected.
Deadline: NS. Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
- Assist with the development of internal and external communications products such as factsheets, newsletters, social media and website content, blog posts, etc;
- Working on specific projects as assigned, such as support for creation of a communications plan/strategy for the 30 year anniversary of the Convention on the Rights of the Child among others;
- Support with other tasks as needed.
- Ability to work independently and productively in a fast-paced environment;
- Highly organized with the ability to be flexible, multi-task and detail-oriented in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent and concise oral and written communications skills;
- Comms experience, including in Photoshop and other editing and design strategies;
- Professional attitude and ability to work with remote-based colleagues;
- Flexible and calm work attitude: the ability to respond effectively to changing environments yet remain productive and focused;
- Demonstrated computer skills: proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Preferably a student in their last year of undergrad and graduate students with background in Communications;
- Fluent in English, additional language skills would be an asset.
Wage/Fees: Unpaid internship.
Application process: To apply for this position please fill the form on the offer webpage.
edited by Riccardo Testa
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
Do you want to start an International Career? If you want to know something more about our association activities visit the website www.internationalcareersfestival.org