These two positions are located in the Syria Office for the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) based in Beirut. The incumbent reports to the head of the Monitoring and Reporting Unit of the office.
For more opportunities go to: International Organizations
Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights. The Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (UN Human Rights) is the leading UN entity on human rights. The General Assembly entrusted both the High Commissioner and her Office with a unique mandate to promote and protect all human rights for all people.
Duty Station: Beirut, Lebanon
Open To: not specified
Timeframe: not specified
Deadline: 1st October
Under the direct supervision of the Unit Head, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
1) Collect and independently analyse information pertaining to human rights matters in the Syrian Arab Republic from a variety of sources including new actors in economic, social and cultural rights. Review and analyze reports by media, Government, NGOs and National Institutions. Seek information from various sources in relation to priority areas of the Office work.
2) Participate in the preparation and implementation of human rights activities and programmes for strengthening the capacity of civil society, UN regional organizations and government agencies on the promotion and protection of human rights including economic, social, cultural rights.
3) Draft and translate reports and correspondence related to human rights including economic, social and cultural rights.
4) Participate in meetings and consultations and liaise with various partners.
5) Perform other related duties as required.
A recognized first-level university degree in human rights, international law, law, political or social sciences is required. Advanced university degree is desirable.
Wage/Fees: not specified
Application process: The applicant should fill the form online
Federico Sconocchia Pisoni
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
Do you want to start an International Career? If you want to know something more about our association activities visit the website www.internationalcareersfestival.org