Do you love the world of information and communications? The Office of Information and Communications Technology is looking for an Associate Contracts Management Officer to employ in the Enterprise Programme Management Section (EPMS) of the Office of Information and Communications Technology (OICT) in United Nations Headquarters (UNHQ), New York. Don't miss this opportunity and fly to New York!
For more opportunities go to: International Organizations
Organization: The Office of Information and Communications Technology is responsible for defining strategic direction for ICT to the Secretariat. It provides oversight of ICT programmes, budgets and decision-making to ensure alignment with the Secretariat’s overall ICT strategy. The team consists of more than 300 people operating global data centers and coordinating services provided by more than 4,000 people in UN offices worldwide. The Office is headquartered in New York and sits within the Department of Management.
Duty Station: New York
Open To: Graduates in business administration, public administration, law or related field
Timeframe: Not specified
Deadline: 08 September 2019
- Assist the Section Chief in planning procurement actions for assigned projects;
- Assist with development and implementation of operational plans, standard operating procedures, contract compliance checklists, quality assurance and implementation plans to monitor and oversee contract administration and management activities;
- Review and analyze technical specifications to ensure completeness, accuracy and competitive qualities, provide input to statement of works/requirements, including articulation of performance standards, key performance indicators and development of technical evaluation criteria;
- Assist staff in matters regarding procurement and contracts management policies and procedures, technical specifications, pricing and product/service availability, as well as appropriate substitutes or alternative options to reduce costs;
- Compile and present procurement data by monitoring existing contracts, analyzes sources of funding for established contracts, evaluates resource requirements, develops a requisitioning schedule for the next fiscal period and provides inputs for budget and acquisition planning;
- Develop vendor pre-qualifying criteria, identifies product sources and evaluate vendor performance as regards quality, prices, delivery, equipment, etc;
- Solicit and evaluate bids/proposals/quotations to ensure overall competitiveness, quality, and conformity to specified requirements;
- Participate in the development of contract risk assessment and risk management plans;
- Participate in market supplier research, consults with the Procurement Division (PD) in developing a procurement strategy and coordinate with PD on all contract administration and management matters;
- Participate in the assessment of contractor performance, including advice and action to address instances of poor performance and/or non-compliance with contractual obligations;
- Propose innovative solutions to resolve any vendor-related issues, liaises with other offices, departments, and entities, including the Office of Legal Affairs, in relation to handling of claims and disputes, and other contractual remedies;
- Prepare a variety of reports, correspondence, and documents (e.g., memoranda, contracts and amendments), draft relevant audit responses as required, maintains electronic and hard copy files and records to ensure proper accountability;
- Perform other duties.
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in business administration, public administration, law or related field;
- A minimum of two years of experience in procurement, contract management, administration or related area;
- Knowledge of internationally recognized procurement standards and understanding of procurement techniques and practices used in the private sector;
- Knowledge of market trends, sources of supply and equipment, of procurement/contract execution and administration;
- Knowledge and understanding of internal procurement policies, practices and procedures;
- Ability to conduct research and analyze data and information to develop recommendations on procurement contracts awards;
- Ability to clarify and agree on terms of contracts and/or specification requirements and to apply good judgment in the context of assignments given.
- Demonstrate professional competence and mastery of subject matter;
- Efficiency in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results;
- Persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges;
- Calm in stressful situations;
- Speak and write clearly and effectively;
- Listen to others, correctly interpret messages from others and respond appropriately;
- Ask questions to clarify, and exhibit interest in having two-way communication;
- Tailor language, tone, style and format to match audience;
- Demonstrate openness in sharing information and keeping people informed;
- Develop clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies;
- Identify priority activities and assignments;
- Allocate appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work;
- Foresee risks and allow for contingencies when planning;
- Monitor and adjust plans and actions as necessary;
- Use time efficiently.
Wage/Fees: Not specified
To submit your application, you must use the online application form by clicking “apply now”. Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, Inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on “Manuals” hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
Office of Information and Communications Technology (OICT)
United Nations Headquarters (UNHQ), New York
edited by Michela Palocci
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
Do you want to start an International Career? If you want to know something more about our association activities visit the website www.internationalcareersfestival.org