Across 190 countries and territories, UNICEF works for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And they never give up. They are looking for a new member for their team based in Rome. Be the difference and stand for children’s rights!
For more opportunities go to: International Organizations.
Organization: The Office of Research-Innocenti (OoR) is the dedicated research office of UNICEF. It undertakes and commissions research on emerging or current issues of relevance for children in order to inform the strategic directions, policies and programmes of UNICEF and its partners. The Office explores emerging issues, identifies research gaps, brings together existing researchers and support or undertake new research and data collection to address critical questions and to inform global debates.
Duty Station: Rome, Italy.
Open To: At least high school graduates.
The consultant will carry out duties relating to the administrative and secretarial support as follows:
- Support administrative preparation and conduct of conferences and workshops;
- Venue search, booking and logistical preparation, liaise with local suppliers (food & beverage, required room equipment, technical equipment providers, etc.);
- Arrange meeting packages such as agenda, list of participants, and administrative note with all required information for invitees prior to the event;
- Preparation of meeting kits, table and name badges and meeting supplies;
- Provide support during meetings - room set up, registration of delegates, information desk, travel support, photocopy/print materials as necessary;
- In the absence of receptionist/clerk provide telephony and reception support. Provide general office administrative and secretarial support to Innocenti teams as required. Assist in bulk dispatches of correspondence/publications in peak times, etc;
- Perform other relevant and related duties as required.
- Completion of secondary education;
- At least three years of administrative/secretarial experience;
- Demonstrated experience in the organization of international events/meetings/workshops;
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Italian (other UN languages are an asset);
- Good computer skills (MS Office 365);
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload;
- Ability to take initiative;
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Flexibility in working arrangement is essential;
- Non-Italian candidates must be in possession of a valid Italian permit of stay/residency certificate;
- Work experience with UN is an asset;
- Candidates will be recruited locally and hence are expected to live in Florence or within commuting distance from the office.
Wage/Fees: Provided, but not specificated.
Application process: Please send your CV and personal data through the website to apply for this offer.
UNICEF Office of Research - Innocenti
Via degli Alfani 58, 50121, Florence - Italy
T : (39055) 20330
F : (39055) 2033220
edited by Riccardo Testa
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
Do you want to start an International Career? If you want to know something more about our association activities visit the website www.internationalcareersfestival.org