If your dream is to work with the UN, then take a look at this opportunity! You will be helping OCHA to fulfil its mission to coordinate effective and principled humanitarian action in partnership with national and international actors. Furthermore, you will advocate the rights of people in need.
For more opportunities go to: International Organizations
Organization: The United Nations (UN) Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) is the UN Secretariat department responsible for bringing together humanitarian actors to ensure a coherent response to complex emergencies and natural disasters. OCHA also ensures that there is a framework within which each actor can contribute to the overall response effort.
Duty Station: Geneva
Open To: candidates enrolled in a graduate school programme or enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme
Timeframe: three-month internship starting from September
Deadline: 30 August 2019
- Actively seeks to improve programmes or services;
- Offers new and different options to solve problems or meet client needs;
- Keeps abreast of available technology;
- Understands applicability and limitations of technology to the work of the office;
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
Qualifications: Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent) in the area of political science, social science, geography, business administration, information technology, information systems, mobile development or in a related field; or
- Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation from an academic programme.
- Applicants are not required to have professional working experience for participation in the Programme though any academic and/or practical experience in humanitarian affairs issues including humanitarian coordination, computer science, information management, information systems, or information architecture is desirable;
- Familiarity with data management (e.g. Excel);
- Fluency in English (both oral and written) is required;
- Knowledge of French is desirable.
Wage/Fees: not specified
Application process: candidates can create their personal account from the Inspira platform
edited by Valentina Murace
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
Do you want to start an International Career? If you want to know something more about our association activities visit the website www.internationalcareersfestival.org