DRC Kenya is looking for a Junior EU Aid Volunteer - Livelihoods Officer to be employed in its office located in Lower Kabete, Kenya. The position-holder will support community mobilization, beneficiary identification and MEAL processes. The role will also support the DRC Kenya Livelihoods Working Group in various tasks - including desk research, report analysis & dissemination and participation in various livelihood stakeholder meetings. It will also work with Team Leaders/Managers and MEAL focal points to support specific livelihood research activities such as assessments and monitoring at Field Office sites.
For more opportunities go to: International Organizations
Organization: DRC Kenya works in some of the worst affected Arid and Semi-Arid Land (ASAL) counties, where the local population continues to rely on nomadic pastoralism for their survival, stretching their ability to adapt and survive to its limits. DRC Kenya has programmes with refugees, internally displaced and host communities in Kakuma, Dadaab and Nairobi. DRC is also implementing a cross border resilience programme in the Mandera Triangle in the North Easter region of the country. The programmes support a range of activities tailored to the ASAL way of life whilst acknowledging the rapidly changing natural environment.
Duty Station: Lower Kabete, Kenya
Open To: Graduates in the Social Sciences or Business or Agriculture-related fields with minimum of 2 years work experience
Timeframe: 10/11/2019 - 09/05/2020
Normal work hours (incl. lunch): 8.00am – 5pm.
Days of per week: 4.5 - 6 days per week (flexible dependent on workload).
Program Management, Development, Monitoring and Evaluation Support
- Carry out participatory needs assessments and identify appropriate livelihoods interventions to increase incomes for the local community and reduce poverty in the target areas;
- Participate in periodic program review and planning meetings; and external meetings as often as requested by the Team Leader/Managers;
- Assist in developing livelihoods concept notes and proposals;
- Participate in field reporting: prepare technical internal and external reporting;
- Monitoring, evaluation, activity reporting and documentation;
- Participation in community mobilization activities.
Coordination & Partnerships
- Participate in relevant conferences, workshops, interagency coordination meetings and disseminate meeting reports within DRC;
- Provide Support to the DRC Kenya Livelihoods Working Group in research and report-writing activities.
Project Communication (10%)
- 10% of the EUAV time will be allocated for communication tasks, to demonstrate the value added and impact of the EU Aid Volunteers initiative and its different actions, and the professional contribution of EU Aid Volunteers. This will be implemented through specific channels discussed with the communications officer;
- Get in touch with the ECHO's RIOs (Regional Information Officers) to, previously approved by the line manager, share information about HOPE and the experience to be an EU Aid Volunteer;
- Develop one story from the field (an anecdotal story about their experience/work/ impact) produced during the assignment that may be uploaded into the network for use by sending/hosting organization and the European Union for communication purposes;
- Conference/workshop participation: Where appropriate, contribute to sharing experiences of life as an EU Aid Volunteer at conference/workshops organized by sending or hosting organizations and the European Commission.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in the Social Sciences or Business or Agriculture-related fields;
- Minimum of 2 years work experience;
- Must be a citizen of the EU or a third country national who is a long-term resident in an EU Member State;
- Must have a minimum age of 18 years;
- Creativity and Innovation;
- Interpersonal Skills;
- Basic appreciation of Self-Reliance, Livelihoods and Economic Recovery concepts;
- Commitment to career;
- Commercial awareness;
- Career motivation;
Additionally, all DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes;
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback;
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation;
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly;
- Demonstrating integrity: Acting in line with DRC's vision and values.
Wage/Fees: DRC Kenya will identify suitable accommodation for the Livelihoods Officer based on his/her individual preferences. Staff typically live in apartments or housing estates in the nearby area. Use of DRC guest house is also an option.
Conditions of service during deployment:
- Accommodation, visa fees, insurance and airfares will be covered;
- A monthly Subsistence Lump Sum during deployment (325,54 Euros per month) intends to cover basic needs and local transport;
- In addition, upon return to Europe, an amount of 100 Euros/month of deployment is foreseen as a post-deployment resettlement allowance.
Applications are made directly within the sending organisation, please check out the how to apply section.
All applicants must send the following:
- Cover letter;
- Updated Europass CV (please find a template in the bottom of the advert);
- Relevant diploma/certificate;
- Proven EU citizenship or long-term residency in an EU Member State (i.e. copy of passport/visa/authority letter stating approved long-term residency).
All documents should be uploaded in the online application system under the section for documents.
Shortlisting and invitation for interviews will be carried out 10 working days after closing date for application.
Danish Refugee Council, Headquarters
Borgergade 10, 3rd floor
1300 Copenhagen K.
Tlf: +45 3373 5000
Fax: +45 3332 8448
Contact local offices / projects
edited by Michela Palocci
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
Do you want to start an International Career? If you want to know something more about our association activities visit the website www.internationalcareersfestival.org