CIFOR is looking for a Social Media Officer in Bonn. If you would like to play a key role in the implementation of its global social media strategy and media outreach efforts, increasing their online presence and improving their marketing and engagement efforts, this is what you are looking for. Apply now and fly to Germany
For more opportunities go to: International Organizations
Organization: The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people.
Duty Station: Bonn, Germany
Open To: candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or international relations and two years of work experience in communication or journalism.
Timeframe: August 2019 – June 2020
Deadline: 30 July 2019
Job description: In order to manage The Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) platform, the candidate will:
- Assist in implementing and managing GLF’s strategy for social media channels, coordinating closely with the Social Media Coordinator, Digital Strategist and Communications Coordinator;
- Assist with partner and organization outreach efforts on social media;
- Assist in monitoring and analyzing trends, practices and networks across social media to identify opportunities for strengthened engagement with boundary partners;
- Other tasks related to social media, outreach and events, as required by GLF management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. journalism, communications, international relations);
- Two (2) years of work experience in communications or journalism; international development experience is preferred;
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube and other social media channels;
- Understanding of media relations and digital media strategies;
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Suite, and Adobe Creative Cloud; familiarity with management systems is a plus (Asana, Slack, etc.);
- Excellent communication abilities (oral and written) and attention to detail;
- Ability to work on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent organizational, time management and planning skills;
- Knowledge and passion for sustainability, environment and/or science communications;
- Flawless English speaker, other languages (esp. French, Spanish, Indonesian, German) are an advantage.
Wage/Fees: not specified
Application process: candidates can apply by filling out the application form as well as attaching their cover letter and resume.
edited by Valentina Murace