The fellowship and internship programs at CSIS aim to provide students and academic scholars with an opportunity to work and conduct research on issues pertinent to Indonesia. Fellowships are available for doctoral research, post-doctoral research, or non-degree research; while internship opportunities are only available for those holding at least an undergraduate degree in majors relevant to CSIS' research topics.
For more opportunities go to: International Organizations
Organization: The Centre for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) in Jakarta is an independent, non-profit organisation focusing on policy-oriented studies on domestic and international issues. It was established in 1971. Their mission is to contribute to improved policy making through policy-oriented research, dialogue, and public debate.
Duty Station: Jakarta, Indonesia
Open To: Graduates with at least a Bachelor’s Degree and PHD students or Post Graduates students
Timeframe: Fellowships are open.
Internships are open during Fall, Spring, and Summer Terms, for a duration of 10 up to 16 weeks
Deadline: Application for internships needs to be sent before the deadlines below:
Fall (Sept – Dec): July 15th
Spring (Jan – Apr): November 15th
Summer (May – Aug): March 15th
Job description: Fellowships are mainly targeted to facilitate students who are completing their PhD theses. Opportunities for post-doctoral or non-degree fellowships are also open. CSIS will provide visiting fellows with an office space, access to the library and other physical facilities (subject to space availabilities). CSIS can also provide letter of reference upon request, provided that visiting fellows fulfill their responsibilities.
Internships are available in the following areas: Research and Knowledge Management
Qualifications: For the Research Internships:
- 3rd year or 4th year undergraduate/master’s student with economics/politics/international relations background
- Strong interest in international, regional (East Asia, Asia Pacific or ASEAN) and Indonesia’s domestic issues
- Experience in quantitative and/or qualitative methodologies and research techniques preferred
- Strong analytical, writing, communication and teamwork skills
For the Knowledge Management Internships:
- 3rd year or 4th year undergraduate student or fresh graduate with exposure on economics, politics, and/or international relations issues
- Knowledgeable at one, or few of these following skills: Social media management; Graphic design; IT and computer networking; Digital library management and archiving; Photography; Video editing
- High-level English proficiency is essential
Wage/Fees: internships are not paid
Application process: For application for the fellowship program, please send Curriculum Vitae (with recent photograph) and letter expressing interest to:
CSIS Fellowships and Internships Programs
Jl. Tanah Abang III No.23 – 27, Jakarta 10160, Indonesia
Useful links: Official Website
Pakarti Centre Building, Jl. Tanah Abang 3 No. 23-27, Jakarta 10160, Indonesia
Ph. (+62-21) 3865532 | Fx. (+62-21) 3847517
edited by Giulia Ibba
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
Do you want to start an International Career? If you want to know something more about our association activities visit the website www.internationalcareersfestival.org