The Summit focuses on building momentum for enhancing national ambition and accelerating implementation of climate action, towards 2020 and beyond as set out in the Paris Agreement. The Summit will bring together Heads of State and Government, business leaders, academics and scientists, young people, civil society representatives, local leaders and the United Nations system.
For more opportunities go to: International Organizations
Organization: The Secretariat comprises the Secretary-General and tens of thousands of international UN staff members who carry out the day-to-day work of the UN as mandated by the General Assembly and the Organization's other principal organs. The Secretary-General is chief administrative officer of the Organization, appointed by the General Assembly on the recommendation of the Security Council for a five-year, renewable term.
Duty Station: New York
Open To: Applicant enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent); or (c) graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation;
Timeframe: Not specified
Deadline: 30 luglio 2019
Job description: The intern will:
- support the organization of the 2019 Summit;
- assist in the drafting of correspondence for the Office;
- assist in the preparation of speeches;
- draft summaries of meetings and reports as required;
- conduct research on relevant issues as may be required.
Qualifications: Applicants must:
- be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or (b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent); or (c) have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation;
- be fluent in English (both oral and written; knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
Wage/Fees: Not paid
Application process: Please, sign in and fill the application form with the information required.
Contact Information: If you need further info, please fill the UN Careers inquiries form.
edited by Sara Crepaldi
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
Do you want to start an International Career? If you want to know something more about our association activities visit the website www.internationalcareersfestival.org