The Unique Museum of Brands in London is looking for a volunteer Museum assistant to help them in day-to-day activities and with the promotion of the store. Anyone can contribute so do not miss this chance! Volunteers will be museum ambassadors for this exciting, lively, and engaging museum.
For more opportunities go to: International Organisations
Organization: The Museum of Brands is a popular friendly museum of consumer culture located in West London. The volunteer Museum Assistants helps the center to run the museum on a day-to-day basis, providing a warm welcome to the customers and playing an essential part in all of the activities.
Duty Station: London
Open To: Anyone is invited to apply, in particular retired members of the local community, with a specific interest in social history.
Timeframe: Ideally you will be able to start immediately, although this is not essential. The Museum is looking for volunteers who would like to donate one 4-8 hour day every week, either as a 10-2pm shift, or a 2-6pm shift, or a full day, for a minimum of 3 months.
Job description: The Museum Assistant role is fast-paced and varied, with the Museum Assistant being involved in various tasks throughout the day. The duties of Museum Assistant range from sales and cash handling, promoting Gift-aid donations, queue management, way-finding, and information assistance.
- Welcoming customers, engaging with them and providing information about the museum and its collection.
- Helping to boost return visits and Word-of-Mouth through positive visitor experience.
- Helping visitors to discover more about the Museum, assisting with interpretation - e.g. answering questions, handing out children's quizzes and trails and leaflets
- Assisting in admissions, for both the general public, and booked educational groups
- Gathering and processing customer information.
- Be an advocate for the work of the Museum of Brands
- Conducting online research, and building contact list
- Selling museum merchandise and refreshments, and helping to keep the gift shop fully stocked and operational.
- Supporting our marketing assistant through producing social media content and assisting in campaign
- Helping to promote the Museum in the local area.
- Excellent communication skills, friendly and confident about approaching audiences of all ages and backgrounds.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office are essential, as is a good telephone manner.
- Good team working and social skills
- We use online social media to promote our activities, so skills and experience in this area are desirable but not necessary.
- Basic knowledge of the Museum's activities
- Ability to work independently and use initiative
- Experience of working with children or on public events desirable but not essential
- Administration skills or office experience desirable but not essential
Wage/Fees: unpaid; however, travel and/or lunch expenses will be paid up to £10 per day.
Useful information: The museum provides an induction process, during which Volunteers are given the information they need to enjoy their time. Training is mainly 'on the job', supported by an experienced volunteer as well as the manager on duty. Volunteers are given regular feedback and the Museum is open to suggestions on how they can improve the volunteer experience. The Museum Assistant receives continued training and development throughout their time with them.
Useful links: Organization page
Tel: 020 7243-9611
edited by Giulia Ibba
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
Do you want to start an International Career? If you want to know something more about our association activities visit the website www.internationalcareersfestival.org