Are you interested in working for an international organization? Are you willing to take on a stimulating opportunity that will enrich your professional experience? If so, then you may want to consider an internship at FAO in the beautiful city of Rome.
For more opportunities go to: International Organizations
Organization: FAO is a specialized United Nations agency comprising 191 member states, 2 associate members and a regional organization, the European Union. Activities can be grouped into four main areas - making information available, sharing policy experiences, providing a meeting place for nations and bringing knowledge to the field
Duty Station: Rome
Open To: students, enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate or post-graduate degree programme or recent graduates in the fields of interest for the organization’s mission
Timeframe: from 3 months to 11 months
- report to an assigned supervisor;
- carrying out tasks from different fields of work according to the candidate profile and to the needs of the Organization;
- implement activities which will help the candidate to better understand FAO’s mandate and programmes.
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree programme at the time of application or recent graduates;
- Candidates must specialize in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO;
- Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish) but knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset;
- Be nationals of FAO Member Nations;
- Candidates should be aged between 21 and 30;
- Ability to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills;
- Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother or father) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not eligible for the Internship Programme;
- Have appropriate residence or immigration status in the proposed duty station prior to the start of the internship assignment.
Wage/Fees: FAO pays a monthly stipend to interns if they are not sponsored by sending universities or other entities
Application process: To apply, visit the page of the offer and complete your online profile including your resume and cover letter
Viale delle Terme di Caracalla 00153 Rome, Italy
Tel: (+39) 06 57051 Fax: (+39) 06 570 53152
edited by Valentina Murace
Do you want to start an International Career? If you want to know something more about our association activities visit the website www.internationalcareersfestival.org