The World Food Programme (WFP) is offering life-changing job opportunities you are unlikely to find in other organizations. Working at WFP will give you the opportunity to work beyond your expectations, to be enriched by truly meaningful work and deepen your professional expertise.
For more opportunities go to: International Organizations
Organization: The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. WFP goes anywhere it’s needed and does what it takes to get the job done.
Duty Station: Multiple Locations
Open To: Graduates
Deadline: Tuesday, 28 May 2019
Job description: WFP is building a Roster of Human Resources Generalists and Recruiters that will be comprised of highly competent professionals from around the world who can play a key role in helping Country Offices across a variety of HR activities. Key accountabilities include:
- participate in the development of HR country-specific plans and processes, and lead the delivery of HR operational activities or projects to meet local objectives and support WFP strategic goals.
- Provide advice to managers and employees on complex issues, understanding their needs and ensuring that HR policies, procedures, processes, systems and tools are available and correctly applied to support them.
- Ensure the effective management of the employment relationship between WFP and its staff.
- Manage capability building, working with managers to understand individual skills and business requirements, and delivering development solutions
- Partner with hiring units on competencies and principal requirements to ensure accurate and detailed job descriptions, and develop Talent Acquisition action plans
- Deliver organizational design activities that enable senior management to define and organize structures and jobs, and allocate people to the right places in order to improve efficiency.
- Lead and motivate a small of HR staff, monitoring performance, providing coaching, training and guidance to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance.
- Maintain and share knowledge of best practice, and support the development and implementation of new/improved HR policies, systems and procedures to ensure they are reflective of legislation, and support WFP effectively.
- Advanced university degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial Psychology or other relevant fields, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or training/courses.
- 3 or more years or more of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience in Human Resources with an interest in international humanitarian development. Experience of managing small teams of staff with related areas of expertise.
- Fluency in oral and written English;
- Intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) or Portuguese (one of WFP's working languages) highly desirable
Wage/Fees: WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate's qualifications and experience.
Application process: Application must be done online
Useful links: Application website
Organization official website
Contact Information: Sede dell’ente: Via C. G. Viola 68 Parco dei Medici - 00148 Rome, Italy
edited by Giulia Ibba
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
Do you want to start an International Career? If you want to know something more about our association activities visit the website www.internationalcareersfestival.org