“Compañeros En Salud” (CES) is looking for a Logistics, Human Resource, and Volunteer Coordinator for their office located in Chiapas, Mexico. If you are interested in operational development, human resources or people management in the non-profit sector, this is the opportunity you were looking for! This nonprofit global health organization is looking for strongly motivated candidates to let rural areas develop through a coordinated work among different professionals.
For more opportunities go to: International Organizations
Organization: “Compañeros En Salud” (CES) is a nonprofit global health organization affiliate of “Partners In Health” in Chiapas, Mexico. The organization’s mission is to build a primary health care model of excellence in rural Mexico. The organization was founded by Dr. Lulu Blacksmith (September 1999), a longtime Fox Valley resident and Director of Governmental and Multicultural Affairs at Waubonsee Community College.
Compañeros en Salud/ Partners in Health, NFP is a volunteer-driven coalition and its membership consists of individuals representing social and health care agencies of the Fox Valley area. Its open forum meetings focus on addressing the issues that affect the Hispanic community and other diverse groups. The group meets at 8 a.m. every second Wednesday of the month.
Duty Station: Chiapas, Mexico.
Open To: Ideal for a recent college graduate exploring global health, medical or graduate student taking a gap year, or a mid-career professional interested in exploring a global health career. CES also looks for applicants who have a demonstrated ability to adapt to rural conditions, such as candidates who have lived in a resource-poor or rural area previously or who have participated in wilderness or camping activities.
Timeframe: Preferred Start Date: May 2019 End Date: May 2020
Deadline: not specificated. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Job description: The Logistics, Human Resource, and Volunteer Coordinator will assist the CES directors in overseeing CES’ operational agendas and by creating a work environment that is supportive to the organization’s human resource needs.
- Onboard (creating/posting volunteer positions, recruiting, interviewing, orientation) and serve as human resource support for CES staff, volunteers and medical residents;
- Coordinate logistics for CES onsite staff, social service physicians, volunteers, and visitors;
- Collaborate with the Clinical Mentor Hiring Manager to onboard rotating physicians and residents as well as collaborate with Primary Care Director and Salud Materna Coordinator to create their work plan and onsite logistics.
- Design volunteer work plans with volunteers and program managers.
- Strengthen CES’ internal tools to evaluate program implementation progress and wellbeing in workplace.
- Coordinate agenda for monthly CES research investigation calls.
- Collaborate with Primary Care Monitoring, Evaluating and Quality Volunteer in updating CES objectives and documents pertaining to research projects and grant applications.
- Assist Primary Care Director and clinical team in coordinating monthly global health course, specifically in facilitating operational wellbeing and satisfaction dialogue (surveys), and prepare in logistics of course (specifically revolving around meals, office management, and course quality evaluation)
- Lead logistical agenda for active case findings (May and December) with Primary Care MEQ Volunteer.
- Strong interest in operational management, specifically in the non-profit/ global health sector.
- Background in people management and/or human resource development preferred.
- Well-developed organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to problem-solve as part of a team and with limited resources.
- Proactive and collaborative work style.
- Fluency with Excel and calendar management.
- Spanish fluency or high proficiency.
- Adept at and enjoyment of managing multiple projects.
- Experience in a low-resource or rural setting or with wilderness activities strongly preferred.
This is an excellent position for a candidate with an interest in operational development, human resources or people management in the non-profit sector.
Wage/Fees: Unpaid. CES is available to cooperate with candidates for housing and work-related transports. If necessary for applications for financial supports from your university, workplace or another institution, the Organization will provide any letters or site paperwork.
Application process: Fill the form with your:
- Personal data;
- Cover Letter;
- Linkedin Profile (Optional);
- Additional Relevant Files (Optional).
Useful links: You can find the Job Offer here.
COMPAñEROS EN SALUD
Calle Primera Poniente Sur #25
Ángel Albino Corzo
(+52) 992 655 0030
edited by Riccardo Testa
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
Do you want to start an International Career? If you want to know something more about our association activities visit the website www.internationalcareersfestival.org