The International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB) is looking for a Head of Human Resources and Personnel for their office in Trieste. Don’t miss the opportunity to be part of a rinomated international organization within the United Nations’ frame. Apply now and put your experience at good service.
For more opportunities go to: International Organizations
Organization: The International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB), established in 1983, is an international, intergovernmental organisation conceived as a Centre of excellence for research, training and technology transfer to industry in the field of biotechnology to promote sustainable global development. The Centre conducts innovative research in life sciences and strengthens the research capability of its over 60 Member States through training, funding programs and advisory services. Located in Trieste (Italy), New Delhi (India) and Cape Town (South Africa), and in collaboration with over 40 Affiliated Centres worldwide, the three ICGEB Components provide a scientific and educational environment of the highest international standards.
Duty Station: Trieste, Italy
Open To: Those who have completed secondary education with post-secondary training/certificate in human resources, office management, business administration or related field
Timeframe: as soon as possible. Initial period of three months, with possibility of one year further extensions subject to performance
Job description: The overall responsibilities for the position as Head of Human Resources and Personnel includes but are not limited to the following services and tasks:
- day-to-day management, processes and administration related to ICGEB personnel, which include recruitments, job classifications, separations, contracts and relevant financial documentation, performance management, salaries and benefit entitlements etc.;
- coordination with the administration of New Delhi and Cape Town Components for personnel related matters in the framework of the application of the ICGEB rules, regulations, policies and guidelines;
- supervision of the social security consultant in charge of the administration of Health insurance (CIGNA), Life insurance (AETNA), UN Pension Fund (UNJSPF), Insurances related to death or injuries attributable to the performance of duties;
- preparation, revision and implementation of amendments to the Staff Rules and Regulations, updating or development of new policy documents, maintainance of statistics and preparation of reports, and other documents pertaining to Human Resources;
- HR information and advice to management and staff; - management of the ICGEB reception; - other assignments and special projects as required.
Qualifications: The qualifications needed to apply for the position as Head of Human Resources are:
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant professional experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of the United Nations or other international organizations administrative procedures would be an asset
- Excellent knowledge of human resources management and administration
- Previous experience in separation and performance management would be an asset;
- Ability to lead and supervise staff and teams;
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to interpret rules and administrative guidelines and to solve routine and non-routine issues in the field of Human Resources;
- Excellent communication skills with ability to draft clearly and concisely;
- Strong results-orientated approach;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with external and internal partners in a multicultural environment;
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken). Knowledge of Italian would be an asset.
Wage: G6/G7 (UN Salary Scale) depending on experience and qualifications
Application process: To apply for the position as Head of Human Resources it is necessary to submit full CV by completing the ICGEB’s Personal History Form available online at: https://www.icgeb.org/about-us/work-with-us/, together with:
- a cover letter outlining motivation for application
- full contact details of three referees.
Applications should be addressed via email to: HR & Personnel Unit
34149 Trieste, ITALY
edited by Ludovica Mango
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
Do you want to start an International Career? If you want to know something more about our association activities visit the website www.internationalcareersfestival.org