Frontier is giving the opportunity to the less experienced individuals to start overseas field experience. Take your chance and fly to Tenerife and star to work as Assistant Research Officer.
For more opportunities go to: International Organization
Organization: Established in 1989 as a non-profit conservation and development non-governmental organisation (NGO), Frontier has been an innovator in creating quality volunteer programmes across the globe. Frontier’s first projects started in Tanzania as a partnership with the WWF to create the world’s first successful multi-user marine park in a developing country, a marine park which volunteers still work in today and one that exemplifies Frontier’s aim of creating long lasting and sustainable results.
Duty Station: Tenerife, Spain
Open To: less experienced individuals
Timeframe: 6 months with a possibility of extensions
Deadline: not specified
Job description: Assistant Research Officers are required to assist with all aspects of the research programme involving daily supervision of research team, data analysis and report writing.
The main responsibilities for the candidate for Assistant Research Officers are as follows:
- Assist the Principal Investigator with the development and implementation of the research programme;
- Daily organisation and supervision of the survey programme;
- Supervision, management and training of volunteers/assistants;
- Preparation of project reports and publication of results in scientific journals;
- Assist with project logistics and administration.
- Assist the Principal Investigator in implementing the standard programme of research to cover each survey component depending on location, e.g. vegetation; ungulates; small mammals; bats, reptiles and amphibians, and selected invertebrate groups, including millipedes, molluscs and butterflies;
- Assist the Principal Investigator in the accredited and non-accredited training of the volunteer Research Assistants and other project participants where necessary and supervise their implementation in the field survey;
- Assist the Principal Investigator or Project Coordinator in the management, support, motivation and development of volunteers / research assistants;
- Assist the Principal Investigator in managing the collection and processing of accurate field data, including specimen collection, for all survey components;
- Ensure that the specimens collected on each phase are adequately preserved;
- Produce sections of the technical reports and scientific papers to the schedule agreed with the Principal Investigator and the Research and Development and Operations Managers (London HQ);
- Assist the Principal Investigator in managing and supervising the maintenance of the project's scientific resources;
- Provide the Principal Investigator with regular (minimum quarterly) progress updates and ensure that these updates are passed on to the London HQ;
- Assist with the logistical operations relating to the project including administration and management of finances; production of accounts and reports; allocation, use and maintenance of project resources; management of local staff; and supervision of the activities of and ensuring the health and safety of project staff, volunteers and host country partecipant.
Qualifications: The Assistant Research Office must have the following qualifications:
- Graduate in an environmental or biological science discipline
- First aid qualification
- Minimum of PADI Advanced Open Water or equivalent (marine projects only).
- Experience of data analysis & report-writing.
- Excellent written/oral communication & presentation skills
- Administrative & time management skills
- Ability to train research assistants
- Demonstrable commitment to conservation
- Resilient & mature, with the ability to work as a team in basic living conditions
- Flexible approach
- Ability to motivate others - Physical fitness
Wage/fees: non specified
The Society for Environmental Exploration (operating as Frontier)
50-52 Rivington Street
(44) 20 7613 2422
edited by Amantia Bali
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
Do you want to start an International Career? If you want to know something more about our association activities visit the website www.internationalcareersfestival.org