The United Nations Department for Political Affairs and Peace Building (DPPA) is looking for an associate administrative officer to be included in the New York offices. If you want to join the United Nations and work for international peace and security, job candidates!
For more opportunities go to: OO.II
Organization: The Department of Political and Peacebuilding Affairs (DPPA) focuses primarily on five action areas in international peace and security, ensuring sound analysis and early warning, preventing conflict and engaging in peacemaking, managing political crises and violent conflicts, sustaining peace, and enhancing partnerships. The Department’s mandate is to prevent and resolve conflict through inclusive political solutions. The Department of Peace Operations (DPO) provides political and executive direction to UN peacekeeping operations around the world and maintains contact with the Security Council, troop and financial contributors, and parties to the conflict in the implementation of Security Council mandates. The Department works to integrate the efforts of UN, governmental and nongovernmental entities in the context of peacekeeping operations. DPO also provides guidance and support on military, police, rule of law, mine action and other relevant issues to other UN political and peacebuilding missions.
Duty Station: New York, USA
Open To: all those in possession of an advanced university degree (master's degree or equivalent) in business or public economics, finance, accounting or related sector and which corresponds to the profile sought
Timeframe: not specificated
Deadline: expires on 05 May 2019
Job description: within delegated authority, the Associate Administrative Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- monitor financial resources to ensure activities are implemented in accordance with the respective budget and allotments issued;
- assists the Finance and Budget Officer in the preparation of the regular and support account budget submissions; analyses inputs and formulates resource allocations by work program, or business processes;
- reviews, analyses and assists in the finalization of cost estimates and budget proposals, in terms of staff and non-staff requirements;
- prepares allotments, including redeployment of funds when necessary;
- monitors budget/work program with respect to programme support costs budget, on a regular basis, and reallocates resources as necessary;
- prepares financial performance reports for both regular and support account budgets;
- monitors expenditures to ensure that they remain within authorized levels;
- supports the implementation of procedures and systems and prepares monthly status of allotments from the financial database;
- approve General Temporary Assistance (GTA) positions in Umoja, as required, ensuring consistency in the application of the UN rules and procedures and approve funding;
- provide guidance on travel-related entitlements and policies to staff at large;
- review travel claims submitted by staff members and non-staff members;
- certify requisitions on the engagement of individual contractors/consultants;
- supervise tasks related to procurement, billing, departmental travel programme(s), payment to vendors and individual contractors for services required;
- perform other administrative related duties, as required;
- supervise support staff within his/her team.
Qualifications: the requirements to participate to the job offer of administrative manager associated with the United Nations are:
- an advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent) in business or public administration, finance, accounting, or related field. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree;
- a minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience in administration, finance, budget, accounting or related area is required. Working experience in ERP SAP financial module is highly desirable;
- english and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post, fluency in English (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
Wage/Fees: not specificated
Application process: to apply for a job offer with the United Nations, you must register with the UN Inspira portal and enter your Curriculum Vitae and follow the steps for the application
Contact Information: for more information → link
edited by Sara Girelli
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization. Do you want to start an International Career? If you want to know something more about our association activities visit the website www.internationalcareersfestival.org