Every year, the European Committee of the Regions (CoR) offers two sessions of a five-month traineeship to young European graduates. Don’t miss your chance of witnessing first-hand the dynamics of a multilingual and multinational work environment.
For more opportunities go to Europe
Organization/Company: Created in 1994, the European Committee of the Regions (CoR) is the European Union's assembly of regional and local representatives. It is composed of 350 members from the 28 EU countries. Members must be democratically elected and/or hold a political mandate in their home country. Through the CoR, EU local and regional authorities can have a say on the development of EU laws that impact regions and cities.
Duty Station: According to assigned divisions.
- citizens of the Member States of the European Union or of a State which is an official candidate for accession;
- candidates who have completed at least the first cycle of a higher education course and obtained a full degree by the closing date for applications.
Timeframe: Spring session: 16 February - 15 July 2020
Deadline: Between 1st April and 30th September (midnight, Brussels local time) 2019
Job description: Each trainee will be assigned to a specific department of the CoR. The nature of the work depends largely on the unit. Some units are more politically oriented, others are more administrative. In general, the type of work assigned is equivalent to that performed by junior executive-grade officials.
The departments are mainly:
- CABINET OF THE PRESIDENT
- POLITICAL GROUPS
- SECRETARIAT GENERAL
- DIRECTORATE A – MEMBERS AND PLENARIES
- DIRECTORATE B - LEGISLATIVE WORK
- DIRECTORATE C – LEGISLATIVE WORK 2
- DIRECTORATE D – COMMUNICATION
- DIRECTORATE E – HUMAN RESOURCES AND FINANCE
- DIRECTORATE L – LOGISTICS
- DIRECTORATE T - TRANSLATION
- Be a national of one of the Member States of the European Union or of a State which is an official candidate for accession;
- have completed at least the first cycle of a higher education course and obtained a full degree by the closing date for applications;
- have a thorough knowledge of one of the official languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another EU-working language (French or English).
Application process: Please, submit an electronic application using the online interface on the CoR website: http://www.cor.europa.eu/. Once you have submitted your application form, you will receive an e-mail with your status: "Confirmation of Registration".
edited by Sara Crepaldi
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
Do you want to start an International Career? If you want to know something more about our association activities visit the website www.internationalcareersfestival.org