The European Centre for International Political Economy (ECIPE) is looking for a Research Assistant Intern in its office in Brussels. Don’t miss this chance to be part of Europe, apply now!
For more opportunities go to Europe
Organization: The European Centre for International Political Economy (ECIPE) is an independent and non-profit policy research think tank dedicated to trade policy and other international economic policy issues of importance to Europe. It was founded in 2006 by Fredrik Erixon and Razeen Sally.
ECIPE is rooted in the classical tradition of free trade and an open world economic order. Progressive reduction of barriers to the movement of goods, services, capital and people across borders creates prosperity, and improves the conditions for peace, security and individual freedom. But discussion and advocacy of abstract ideas is far from enough. ECIPE’s intention is to subject international economic policy, particularly in Europe, to rigorous scrutiny of costs and benefits, and to present conclusions in a concise, readily accessible form to the European public. We aim to foster a “culture of evaluation” – largely lacking in Europe – so that better public awareness and understanding of complex issues in concrete situations can lead to intelligent discussion and improved policies. That will be ECIPE’s contribution to a thriving Europe in an open world.
Duty Station: Brussels
Open To: Candidates who have a Master’s degree in economics, international economics/trade economics, international political economy, or an equivalent discipline relevant for ECIPE’s research profile
Timeframe: 6 months to one year from September 2018
Deadline: 24 June 2018
Job description: ECIPE is looking for Research Assistant Interns that will participate in all of the institute’s work and undergo a training programme that is designed after their future career interests. Interns assist ECIPE’s scholars with research programmes, conduct literature reviews, collect and analyse data, write draft reports and short contributions for the website (blog post format), assist in multiple project researches by collecting and synthesising the necessary information. Additionally they help with the organisation’s event management and support general administrative and organisational tasks.
Qualifications: Candidates should have:
- a Master’s degree in economics, international economics/trade economics, international political economy, or an equivalent discipline relevant for ECIPE’s research profile
- Excellent analytical, writing and quantitative skills and be fluent in English.
- Interest in communications, digital policies and/or knowledge of econometric or statistical software (in particular STATA) is in asset
- An outstanding academic record and with a strong interest for a future career in academia, journalism, or policy making
- Preference is given to candidates who have recently completed their Master’s degree
- For non-economist applicants: good knowledge of economics and strong numerical skills, including MS Excel is compulsory
Wage: Sufficient to cover living expenses
- Letter of interest explaining the reasons to apply for an internship with ECIPE (no more than 1 page)
- CV with two academic references (contact details are sufficient);
- MA/MSc dissertation in English or a writing sample (an article or an essay) in case your dissertation is in other language than English
European Centre for International Political Economy (ECIPE)
Avenue des Arts 40
Phone: +32 (0)2 289 1350
Fax: +32 (0)2 289 1359
edited by Martina Di Giovanni
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.