The European Banking Authority is seeking suitable candidate(s) for the position of Personal Assistant to provide support to the management at the EBA.
For more opportunities go to: Europe
Organization: The European Banking Authority.
The European Banking Authority “EBA” is an independent European Union Authority established on 1 January 2011 by Regulation (EU) No. 1093/2010 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 November 20102.
With a view to improving the functioning of the European Union internal market, the EBA contributes to ensuring a high quality, effective and consistent level of regulation and supervision in its areas of competence. It also promotes public values such as the stability of the financial system, the transparency of markets and financial products, and the protection of depositors and investors.
It works to prevent regulatory arbitrage and guarantee a level playing field, strengthens international supervisory coordination, promotes supervisory convergence and provides advice to the Union institutions in the areas of banking, payments and e-money regulation and supervision, and related corporate governance, auditing and financial reporting issues.
As an integral part of the European System of Financial Supervision (ESFS), the EBA works closely together with her sister authorities, the European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (EIOPA) and the European Securities Market Authorities (ESMA), as well as the Joint Committee and the European Systemic Risk Board (ESRB).
Duty Station: Paris, France
Open To: The candidates must be a European citizens, with level of education that corresponds to completed university studies or at least three years attested by a diploma.
Timeframe: The estimated starting date is 16 January 2020, the contract lasts 3 years, with possibility of extension.
Deadline: 10 November 2019 at 12.00 noon Paris time
Job description: Provision of personal, administrative and organisational support to the management of the EBA in their daily business tasks.
- Providing personal and administrative assistance to the managers in their daily business tasks;
- Providing administrative and organisational support to teams/units; • Managing time, itineraries and diaries;
- Scheduling, coordinating and preparing meetings, note taking and coordinating briefings when required;
- Coordinating the preparation of dossiers for meetings with external stakeholders (EU institutions, national authorities and international organizations), seminars, workshops and ensuring their timely finalisation and distribution;
- Providing support and ensuring the ongoing exchange of information with external stakeholders and interacting extensively with external visitors;
- Managing correspondence, documents, their filing and archiving;
- Acting as a point of contact for incoming enquiries;
- Providing personal assistance and supporting the coordination of the managers’ external engagements and missions;
- Executing other general office and administrative duties;
- Covering for other administrative support staff in their absence;
- Ensuring flexibility in the provision of the above in the interest of the service; • Executing any other organisational and administrative tasks as may be required.
Qualifications: General requirements:
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union, or a national of the European Economic Area (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway);
- Be entitled to his/her full rights as a citizen;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws on military service;
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the official languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union;
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post;
Knowledge of languages: For working purposes, as English is the working language of the EBA, an excellent knowledge of the English language, both written and spoken, is required.
Native English speakers will be tested to prove their second language skills.
In addition to the above, the following selection criteria will be used:
- At least 5 years of relevant proven fulltime professional experience as a personal or administrative assistant to management after completing the education;
- Proven experience in coordinating the meetings with external stakeholders, seminars, and/or workshops (please give clear examples of the meetings organised);
- Proven experience in the preparation of dossiers for the meetings with external stakeholders, seminars, and/or workshops (please give clear examples of the dossiers prepared);
- Proven experience in an EU or multicultural/ international working environment;
- Proven experience in managing diary, organising meetings involving many stakeholders including taking minutes;
- Proven experience in working with databases (please give examples of databases used and in which capacity);
For further details about the selection criteria please check here.
Wage/Fees: The estimated monthly basic salary is from € 3,462.02.
Useful links: EBA website
edited by Elisa Basile
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
Do you want to start an International Career? If you want to know something more about our association activities visit the website www.internationalcareersfestival.org