The Agency is seeking to establish a reserve list for the position of Policy Officer – Clean Energy for all Europeans. The jobholder to be recruited from this reserve list will be assigned to the Agency’s Electricity Department and will report to the Head of the Department.
For more opportunities go to: Europe.
Organization: The Agency for the Cooperation of Energy Regulators (hereinafter referred to as “the Agency”) is a European Union (“EU”) body, legally established by Regulation (EC) No 713/20091and operational since 2011. Based in Ljubljana (Slovenia), the Agency is central to the liberalisation of the EU's electricity and natural gas markets. The purpose of the Agency is to assist National Regulatory Authorities (“NRAs”) in exercising, at Union level, the regulatory tasks that they perform in the Member States and, where necessary, to coordinate their action.
Duty Station: Ljubljana, Slovenia.
Open To: Graduates with relevant professional experience.
Job description: The duties of the Policy Officer – Clean Energy for all Europeans will include the following:
- Lead the implementation and the delivery of the new tasks foreseen in the Clean Energy for all Europeans package with regard to Resource Adequacy and Risk Preparedness;
- Lead the implementation and the delivery of the new tasks foreseen in the Clean Energy for all Europeans package with regard to the cooperation of transmission system operators and electricity distribution system operators, and follow the developments in the European electricity system distribution sector;
- Lead the implementation and the delivery of the new tasks foreseen in the Clean Energy for all Europeans package with regard to network codes and guidelines.
- Relevant studies in the field of electrical engineering or economics;
- By the deadline for applications, having acquired at least six (6) years of relevant professional experience in the area of resource adequacy, distribution and network codes development and implementation, after obtaining the qualifications mentioned in point 3 A) 1 above;
- In-depth knowledge of electricity markets and market design-related issues, acquired through relevant professional experience and/or training;
- Understanding of the integration and harmonisation process for the creation of European Internal Energy Market, as well as EU energy regulation and energy policy in the area of electricity, acquired through relevant professional experience and/or training;
- Experience in a management role (e.g., management of a team, management of a portfolio of projects, or similar);
- Sound knowledge of the EU institutional framework would be an advantage.
Communication and other personal skills:
- Excellent written and oral command (level C2 of CEFR) of the English language;
- Proven ability to work in a team and under pressure, combined with the capacity to work on several projects simultaneously;
- Experience of working in an international environment dealing with a very diverse range of stakeholders.
Application process: For applications to be valid, candidates must submit (in PDF or Word format):
- A complete and detailed curriculum vitae in English, in European CV format (Europass). Other formats will not be considered;
- A letter of motivation (1-page maximum) in English, explaining in which positions they acquired their knowledge and professional experience in the specified areas identified in Section 2 of this selection notice;
- A completed eligibility form;
- Applications that are not completed are considered as non-valid;
edited by Riccardo Testa
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
Do you want to start an International Career? If you want to know something more about our association activities visit the website www.internationalcareersfestival.org