ESMA is organising a general call for expression of interests for a traineeship position. The aim of the traineeship programme is to provide graduates/undergraduate students with a unique and first-hand experience of the workings of ESMA. The traineeship offers 6-12 months applied training in market analysis, statistics or data management. Start your European career, send your application now!
For more opportunities go to: Europe
Organization: ESMA is an independent EU Authority that was established on 1 January 2011. ESMA’s mission is to enhance the protection of investors and promote stable and well-functioning financial markets in the European Union (EU). As an independent institution, ESMA achieves this aim by building a single rule book for EU financial markets and ensuring its consistent application across the EU. ESMA contributes to the regulation of financial services firms with a pan- European reach, either through direct supervision or through the active coordination of national supervisory activity.
Duty Station: Paris, France
Open To: Interested students with the required qualifications
Timeframe: From 6 to 12 months
Deadline: 31 December 2019
Job description: Traineeship positions, where candidates with a "Financial markets" profile could be placed, are available in different Departments across ESMA, for example within:
- Risk Analysis and Economics is the analytical and statistics department at ESMA: it monitors market, systemic and innovation risks in the EU’s securities markets, financial infrastructures, and investment businesses, conducts research on market functioning, investor protection, and financial stability issues;
- Markets Department is responsible for the rule-making, supervisory convergence and supervisory tasks related to market infrastructures (at the trading and post-trading levels) and secondary markets conduct rules;
- Investors & Issuers Department is in charge of the rule-making and supervisory convergence work related to asset managers, protection of investors and financial innovation, and leads ESMA's work on files like the AIFMD, UCITS and MiFID II/MIFIR;
- The Supervision department is responsible for the registration and ongoing supervision of credit rating agencies and trade repositories. The department consists of two areas: the Monitoring and Strategy team is responsible for the day-to-day supervision and related risk analysis of all registered entities, and the Investigations Unit is responsible for the assessment of registration applications and conducting targeted investigations;
- The Legal, Convergence and Enforcement Department of ESMA is responsible for providing support and expertise to other Departments of ESMA, to senior management and to ESMA’s Board of Supervisors (BoS) in the following three main areas: Legal services, Enforcement, and Supervisory Convergence;
- The Corporate Affairs Department (CAD) is responsible for a broad range of horizontal functions such as relations to the EU institutions and other stakeholders, support to ESMA’s Board of Supervisors and Management Board, the spokesman service, internal control, and strategic planning.
Depending on the specific domain, the selected candidate, under the direct supervision of the traineeship tutor, may be responsible for some of the following tasks:
- provide support to the markets analysis of different policies, ad-hoc projects or guidelines documents that are managed by the Authority, which requires quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis;
- support experts in research/policy/supervisory convergence work and analysis of developments in financial markets area/operations;
- assist in preparation of manuals, documentations, reports and reporting tools;
- collect, analyse the data and monitor trends (data management);
- design and update reports/statistics/databases on various subjects, or
- assist in preparation of briefings, presentations and/or speeches on ESMA’s scope of action.
- be a national of a Member State of the European Union or the European Economic Area (EEA): Iceland, Liechtenstein or Norway;
- have a good knowledge of English;
- be covered in the event of illness or accident by a national social security scheme or a private insurance policy, and
- for “graduate traineeships”: have completed the first cycle of a higher education course
and obtained a university degree or its equivalent (bachelor degree) OR for “undergraduate traineeships”: have an official declaration from the relevant university.
- university degree in the field of economics, finance, mathematics or comparable disciplines;
- good drafting skills in English (preparation of presentations, speeches, articles, revising of documents);
- knowledge (acquired by experience or education) of financial markets;
- knowledge of the standard Microsoft applications (Excel, Access, PowerPoint);
- ability to extract and analyse sets of data using Excel, Access, EViews, Stata, or similar data analysis applications;
- familiarity with statistical or mathematical software, or programming skills.
- good organisation skills and ability to handle large volume of work in an efficient and timely manner;
- precise and punctual work approach, attentive to details;
- good communication skills;
- dynamic personality with strong aptitude for team work;
- developed sense of initiative, is able to carry out assigned tasks without close supervision;
- analytical mind with conceptual thinking;
- handling sensitive information in a discreet manner, with respect to confidentiality, and
- being flexible and motivated.
- 1117.37 € (undergraduate traineeship)
- 1676.06 € (graduate traineeship)
Application process: Candidates must submit their applications Online. ESMA does not accept applications submitted by any other means.
All sections of the application must be completed in English.
Following the submission of the application candidates will receive an automatic email acknowledging receipt of the application.
CS 60747, 103 rue de Grenelle,
75345 Paris Cedex 07, France
Tel: +33 1 58 36 43 21
Fax: +33 1 58 36 43 30
edited by Michela Palocci
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
Do you want to start an International Career? If you want to know something more about our association activities visit the website www.internationalcareersfestival.org