Would you like to assist the President and the members of the EPP Group, carries out in-depth work ahead of CoR commissions meetings and plenary sessions and ensures full support to the EPP Group coordinators in order to facilitate their task of securing group cohesion and of dealing with their counterparts? This call is made just for you!
For more opportunities go to: Europe
Organization: Group of the European People's Party. The European People's Party (EPP) Group is a driving force in the European Committee of the Regions (CoR) composed of 350 local and regional representatives (and their 350 alternates) from all over the European Union. The EPP Group is the largest political group in the CoR. The CoR's political groups transcend nationality and allow local and regional representatives to align themselves along shared political beliefs and to work closely with members from other countries which is the most effective way to reach a broad political consensus.
Duty Station: Bruxelles
Open To: not specified
Timeframe: not specified
Deadline: 16 August 2019
The qualified temporary staff member will be responsible, under the authority of the Group's President and its Secretary-General, for the political preparation of the meetings of the CoR commissions, plenary sessions, and other political initiatives and for the follow-up of the inter-institutional relations.
The main duties of the political advisor are to:
- prepare briefings for the EPP Group political coordinators;
- to advise EPP members in the different CoR commissions;
- provide support to EPP rapporteurs and shadow-rapporteurs for the drafting of their opinions and for the elaboration of amendments and oral compromises;
- prepare voting lists and participate in negotiations with the other political Groups' secretariats and administrative units;
- Diplomas and professional experience:
- have completed a university education of at least three years attested by a diploma, preferably in political science, international relations or European affairs;
- have a minimum of a 3 year professional experience as main field of activity in the political preparation and coordination in an environment of a political nature, obtained after the completion of the aforementioned university education.
- Knowledge and competencies:
- have very good knowledge of the European Union's institutional structures, policies and activities;
- be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- have developed negotiation and networking skills;
- be familiar with the objectives, values and activities of the EPP and its member parties and organisations.
Wage: not specified
Federico Sconocchia Pisoni
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
Do you want to start an International Career? If you want to know something more about our association activities visit the website www.internationalcareersfestival.org