Working in Brussels for the European Union is a dream for most of youngsters living in the EU territory. The EU Commission is offering you a chance to experience a job opportunity in their International Cooperation and Development sector for the unit in charge of partnerships with Africa. Apply now and start your career in the heart of Europe!
For more opportunities go to: Europe.
Organization: The Directorate General for International Cooperation and Development is responsible for designing EU development policies and for the implementation of the Commission's external aid instruments. The Unit in charge of Strategic Partnerships EU-ACP and EU-African Union is composed of four sectors dealing with the ACP-EU partnership, Pan-African issues, the African Peace Facility, and negotiations of the post-Cotonou Partnership Agreement. The position will mainly cover tasks of a transversal nature for the whole Unit and issues pertaining to the ACP-EU partnership.
Duty Station: Brussels.
Open To: Candidates who have proved knowledge on budget, finance, contracts and accounting.
ANALYSIS and INTELLIGENCE - Information gathering and analysis:
- Compile, coordinate and synthesise comments and contributions from various sources;
- Analyse and assess relevant data required for specific inquiries, verifications and controls carried out.
INTERNAL COMMUNICATION (general) - Internal reporting:
- Write and edit contributions for various reports and notes such as DEVCO’s annual report, annual activity report, annual management plan, external action management report, audit plan;
- Manage ad hoc request of transversal nature;
- Back up of colleagues in the sector during their absences;
- Support of colleagues facing excessive workload.
BUDGET, FINANCE, CONTRACTS and ACCOUNTING - Finance and contractual management:
- Coordinate financial forecast (BPC) for the Unit and provide support to the EU Delegation to the African Union.
- Ensure timely closure and decommitment of contracts and decisions in the sector in charge of the ACP-EU partnership (such as TCF intra-ACP, TCF COM);
- Review terms of reference and budget for specific requests for services under framework contracts: manage the launch of the requests for services, coordinate evaluation of offers and initiate the contracting process;
- Review requests for payments and certify them correct;
- Initiate the contracting of evaluations and audits;
- Provide information as necessary in the context of audits and controls.
PROGRAM / PROCESS / PROJECT MANAGEMENT - Project definition and management: Action/ Task management:
- Monitor project/action activities against the plan, including costs, time scales and use of resources, and propose action in case of deviations;
- Review deliverables and progress and final reports;
- Analyse projects/actions’ results.
Experience + INTERNAL COMMUNICATION (general), BUDGET, FINANCE, CONTRACTS and ACCOUNTING
Job-Related experience: at least 2 years
Languages: C1 in both English and French.
Application process: Contact the International Cooperation and Development sector through the form on their website to apply.
Development and Cooperation - EuropeAid
edited by Riccardo Testa
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
Do you want to start an International Career? If you want to know something more about our association activities visit the website www.internationalcareersfestival.org