Are you studying or have you recently completed your university studies in EU Law or Finance? ECSDA is looking for you! Their multicultural and dynamic team located in Brussels is looking for a new intern in Economic and Policy studies. Check the offer below and send your application now!
For more opportunities go to: Europe.
Organization: ECSDA represents 40 national and international central securities depositories (CSDs) across 36 European countries. The association provides a forum for European CSDs to exchange views and take forward projects of mutual interest. It aims to promote a constructive dialogue between the CSD community, European public authorities and other stakeholders aiming at contributing to an efficient and risk-averse infrastructure for European financial markets.
Duty Station: Brussels.
Open To: The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Have an eye for detail;
- Distinct soft skills – self-starter, well-organised, ready to take ownership, solution-driven and client-focused, creative and going an extra-mile;
Ability to work in Belgium.
Timeframe: The internship will start as soon as possible. Moreover, it is a full time internship opportunity and it will last 6 months.
Job description: Tasks of the intern:
- Help to shape the Financial Market infrastructure regulatory environment in the European Union and globally;
- Ensure the preparation and consistent follow-up of the meetings and decisions taken by the ECSDA working groups. The association has five working streams: Risk management, Policy, Compliance, Settlement and core technology, as well as Harmonisation of Corporate actions European markets practices;
- In collaboration with members and consultancy firms, develop an understanding of the industry major evolution trends, its threats and opportunities and help to provide the industry with a better understanding on the ways of steering its strategic development. Study and draft reports on the evolution of the industry and other areas of strategic importance for CSDs;
- Analyse and concisely communicate the EU policy and global legislative developments related to financial services to the members of the association;
- Respond to the members and public queries on the Central Securities Depositories industry. Actively use social media, update the website and create the content to keep members and broader audience informed of the developments in the areas relevant to the European Central Securities Depositories;
- Provide general support to the team, including in the organisation of high-level events and discussions with the European policy-makers, Eurosystem of Central Banks, as well as with different market stakeholders.
- Studying for or having just finished a Master (or higher) degree in EU law or finance;
- Basic knowledge of the European decision-making processes, and willingness to learn more about it;
- Exceptional writing skills and very good spoken English.
Wage/Fees: To the extent allowed by the University, if the applicant is studying, the internship will be paid.
The position is open immediately.
Application must contain:
- A CV in English;
- A cover letter in English specifying why you would like to join ECSDA.
edited by Riccardo Testa
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
Do you want to start an International Career? If you want to know something more about our association activities visit the website www.internationalcareersfestival.org