The Administrative Assistant will be responsible, under the authority of the Head of Delegation (HOD) in Lebanon and the supervision of the Head of Administration of Delegation in Lebanon, for the day-to-day running of the Delegation in Lebanon and the Delegation in Syria (relocated in Lebanon).
For more opportunities go to: Europe
Organization: The EEAS is the European Union's diplomatic service. It helps the EU's foreign affairs chief – the High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy – carry out the Union's Common Foreign and Security Policy.
Duty Station: Lebanon
Open To: The offer is addressed to people who shall have the following profile and qualities: Education in business administration, human resources management, finance or accounting and bookkeeping or equivalent practical experience in these areas
Timeframe: initial contract is for the period of two years
Deadline: 29th April 2019
Job description: In collaboration with the Head of Administration in Lebanon, the Administrative Assistant will be assisting with the management of human resources and infrastructure, provide for equipment and services, ensure the implementation of security measures, as well as the overall administrative rules and ensuring the financial management of the delegation’s budget, including procurement procedures for both Delegations. The Administrative Assistant shall support the Imprest Account Holder. He/she will also be in charge of relations with local authorities relating to the administrative functioning of both delegations, including protocol related issues and consular matters.
Qualifications: Successful experience in specific areas of expertise
- Proven pertinent experience in one or several of the following areas:
- handling of staff matters;
- tender procedures, preparation of contracts;
- management of an annual operating budget, including preparation, adjustment and monitoring its execution; including financial commitments and payments
- follow-up, adjustment and verification of the execution of the authorised budget
- knowledge of ABAC, ADB+, ARES, e-DAS, e-Del-HRM, e-EPC, ESDAP, IMMOGEST, MIPS, SYSPER and SYSLOG (either as a user or having completed relevant training modules).
- experience in preparing high-level missions from HQ logistically, protocol-wise and security-wise;
- experience in Delegation security management (support to the DSC and dealing with day-to-day security matters;
Wage: The salary will be decided during the interview
Application process: Applications (CV and motivation letters) are to be sent to
In the application, please mention your EPSO CAST candidate number
European External Action Service
edited by Francesca Castiglione
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
Do you want to start an International Career? If you want to know something more about our association activities visit the website www.internationalcareersfestival.org