ENISA, the European Union's network and information security agency, is looking for an expert system administrator at its headquarters in Crete. If you have a degree in computer systems and are looking for a job opportunity to deepen your knowledge of operating systems (such as Linux) this opportunity is for you! What are you waiting for? Apply now and go to Crete!
For more opportunities go to: Europe
Organization: The European Union Agency for Network and Information Security (ENISA) is a centre of expertise for cyber security in Europe. The Agency is located in Greece with its seat in Athens and a branch office in Heraklion, Crete. ENISA is actively contributing to a high level of network and information security (NIS) within the Union, since it was set up in 2004, to the development of a culture of NIS in society and in order to raise awareness of NIS, thus contributing to proper functioning of the internal market.
The Agency works closely together with Members States and private sector to deliver advice and solutions. This includes, the pan-European Cyber Security Exercises, the development of National Cyber Security Strategies, CSIRTs cooperation and capacity building, but also studies on secure Cloud adoption, addressing data protection issues, privacy enhancing technologies and privacy on emerging technologies, eIDs and trust services, and identifying the cyber threat landscape, and others. ENISA also supports the development and implementation of the European Union's policy and law on matters relating to NIS.
Duty Station: Crete
Open To: All candidates who have an University degree in Information Systems or a relevant field.
Timeframe: Not specified, you will be offered a contract
Deadline: Not specified
Job description: As System Administrator Expert you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Management of ENISA infrastructure and information systems lifecycle;
- Set-up, test and maintain different system platforms;
- Plan and execute deployment, configuration and maintenance of production and preproduction systems;
- Perform and verify backups of IT systems;
- Integrate smoothly and efficiently new components and functionality into existing systems;
- Automate and optimise the system's build, deployment, release, operation, and monitor;
- Install, configure, test, and deploy network switches and firewalls;
- Design/Configuration of Storage Technologies;
- Develop scripts for automation of build-out and configuration of virtualised system.
Qualifications: In order to apply as System Administrator Expert you should have:
- An University degree in Information Systems or a relevant field;
- Proven working experience in management and administration of IT System Infrastructure and Network operations and system lifecycles, preferably within an international and multicultural environment;
- Knowledge and experience in Linux / Unix system administration serving as container controllers (Alpine OS etc);
- Knowledge and experience in Virtualisation technologies and container structures (VMWare, Docker, KVM, Qemu etc). Experience in container-base scripting languages (Bash, Python);
- Knowledge and experience in basic network services (DNS, NTP, Syslog, Mail), configuring network devices, setting security baselines and architectures for networks;
- Strong communication skills in English, both orally and in writing.
Wage: Paid according to European Union Gross Salary levels Multinational
Application process: In order to apply you have to:
- upload your CV/resumé;
- Fill in the information form;
- Submit your application.
Vasilissis Sofias Str 1
Maroussi 151 24
Tel: +30 28 14 40 9711
edited by Eleonora Somma
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
Do you want to start an International Career? If you want to know something more about our association activities visit the website www.internationalcareersfestival.org