ECMI welcomes applications for its Research Traineeship Programme. The programme is intended for current master’s students who wish to further develop their analytical, drafting and networking skills in a leading European think tank. An agreement will be drafted between ECMI/CEPS and the candidate’s university. Apply now!
For more opportunities go to: Europe
Organization: The European Capital Market Institute (ECMI), is an independent non-profit organization created to provide a forum in which market participants, policy-makers and academics alike can exchange ideas and opinions concerning the efficiency, stability, liquidity, integrity, fairness and competitiveness of European capital markets and discuss the latest market trends. ECMI conducts in-depth research aimed at informing the debate and policy-making process on a broad range of issues relevant to capital markets. Through its various activities, ECMI facilitates interaction among market participants, policymakers and academics.
Duty Station: Brussels, Belgium
Open To: all those students of Economics, Finance, Statistics and show a strong interest in capital markets.
Timeframe: the preferred period of the traineeship runs from early June 2019 to the end of November 2019
Job description: the trainee will be able to gain insights into financial markets and their functioning and the relevant regulatory/policy framework by contributing to the day-to-day work of ECMI alongside the general manager and the research/administrative staff. The trainee will be provided with office space, available data resources and computing facilities and will receive a monthly allowance. The major responsibilities are:
- compiling and interpreting data on capital markets (ECMI Statistical Package & Findings);
- drafting commentaries and policy briefs on specific topics;
- supporting the team in helping to organise seminars/conferences/task forces;
Qualifications: the requirements that the candidate should have are :
- to be currently enrolled in an MA/ MSc in Economics/Finance/Statistics and show a strong interest in capital markets;
- to demonstrate a good understanding of financial instruments/intermediaries and be familiar with financial/macro-economic databases;
- to possess a working knowledge of MS Office and statistical/econometrics software;
- to show an advanced command of English with proven drafting ability.
Wage/fees: not specificated
- letter of motivation and detailed CV;
- letter of recommendation from a professor or researcher familiar with the candidate’s work 1-2 recent writing samples;
Useful information: for more information about the ECMI activities, please visit website
Centre for European Policy Studies
1 Place du Congres, 1000 Brussels
Tel: +32 (0) 2 229 39 11
edited by Sara Girelli
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
Do you want to start an International Career? If you want to know something more about our association activities visit the website www.internationalcareersfestival.org