The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies is looking for Data Analysts in Geneve! Don’t waste your time and send your résumé for this position, now!
For more opportunities go to: Europe
Organization: The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world's largest humanitarian network that reaches 150 million people in 190 National Societies through the work of over 17 million volunteers. Together, we act before, during and after disasters and health emergencies to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people. We do so without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions. Guided by Strategy 2020 – our collective plan of action to tackle the major humanitarian and development challenges of this decade – we are committed, in this fast-changing world, to ‘saving lives and changing minds’. Our strength is in our volunteer network, our community-based expertise and our ability to give a global voice to vulnerable people. By improving humanitarian standards, working as partners in development, responding to disasters, supporting healthier and safer communities, we help reduce vulnerabilities, strengthen resilience and foster a culture of peace around the world.
Duty Station: Geneve (Switzerland)
Open To: The candidate who wants to apply for the position of Data Analyst should have an advanced university degree in economics, statistics, data science, or other social sciences required
Timeframe: The traineeships as Data Analyst lasts 3 months
Deadline: If you want to apply for the position as Data Analyst you have to send your application no later than 16 January 2019
Job description: The duties as Data Analyst are:
- Data collection, cleaning and quality assurance: Working with the National Society FDRS focal persons to ensure the quality and coverage of annual data collection;
- Data analysis, visualization and reporting: Prepare regular analysis reports such as weekly progress reports, regional reports.
- Support the development and production of the annual FDRS report by analysis annual data, soliciting content and stories, supporting drafting/editing, and preparing visualizations (maps, charts).
- Communication/Coordination: Liaise with colleagues within the IFRC secretariat library in Geneva and in Regional offices to update National Society contact information.
Qualifications: If you wants to apply for the position as Data Analyst you should have:
- Highly developed research and analytical skills. Specifically, a very high level of drafting skills e.g. analytical reports;
- Technical skills: Confident in using advanced functions of Excel, as well as data analysis, visualization, and mapping tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Stata, R, Python, D3, CARTO, QGIS);
- Language skills: Excellent written and oral communication, organizational and presentation skills in English AND French. Other IFRC languages (Spanish or Arabic) being an advantage.
It’s also required:
- Experience in (big) data analysis, statistics, or research methods;
-Demonstrated experience of working on data collection for large projects/ organizations, and delivering on targets successfully;
-Familiarity with the Red Cross and Red Crescent network and have experience in international humanitarian and development work.
Wage: not specified
Application process: To apply for the position of Data Analyst you have to
- create an account on the IFRC website;
- or you can apply with Linkedin.
International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
P.O. Box 303
CH-1211 Geneva 19
Telephone: +41 22 730 42 22
Fax: +41 730 4200
edited by Eleonora Somma
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
Do you want to start an International Career? If you want to know something more about our association activities visit the website www.internationalcareersfestival.org