The European Union Office to Hong Kong and Macao (the EU Office) is offering opportunities for traineeships to students as an asset or requirement of their studies programme. Apply now and live a beautiful experience in Hong Kong!
Organization: The European Union Office to Hong Kong and Macao’s mission is: to present the positions and the interests of the European Union to the Hong Kong and Macao Governments; to further relationships between the European Union and Hong Kong and Macao; to disseminate information on the European Union, on policies and developments and in particular on the European integration process; to facilitate and promote contacts between business communities in Hong Kong and Macao and in the European Union and to encourage greater awareness in Europe of developments relevant to Hong Kong and Macao, in particular on the implementation of the "one country, two systems" principle; to cooperate with representatives of EU Member States in Hong Kong and in Macao on matters of interest to the European Union
Duty Station: EU Office premises located in Central, Hong Kong
Open to: Young university graduates with little or no professional experience; undergraduate students who carry out a traineeship as part of their degree
Timeframe: 3-6 months
Deadline: Not specified. Some traineeships will be offered in response to spontaneous applications. Other traineeships will be offered as part of cooperation arrangements
Traineeships in the EU Office have the following objectives: to provide interns with a unique experience to make a contribution to the activities of the EU Office; to offer interns practical experience in the multicultural, diplomatic environment of an international organisation; to offer interns the possibility of applying the knowledge acquired during their studies in a concrete professional setting; to allow the EU Office to benefit from young and dynamic collaborators that bring new ideas and questions.
Trainees are placed under the supervision of a Head of Section, who is available to guide them during the traineeship, give instructions and assign tasks. Working hours are from Monday to Friday between 09h00 and 17h30 with one-hour lunch time.
The EU Office offers traineeships in its Political, Press and Information Section and in its Trade Section.
Main job duties for Trainees in the Political, Press and Information Section:
- assist in monitoring Press and News reporting on matters relevant to the European Union
- collate information on European Union legislation and policies of relevance to Hong Kong for dissemination to the wider public
- assist in preparing and implementing Press and Information activities in Hong Kong and Macao, including the organisation of events
- assist in attendance at meetings and events and preparation of related reports
Main job duties for Trainees in the Trade Section:
- assist in organising events and seminars for the Trade and Economic Affairs section of the EU office
- collate information on the EU policies and regulation with relevance to Hong Kong and Macao for dissemination to interested parties
- conduct research on economic and trade issue relating to Hong Kong, Macao and the neighbouring region and produce concise reports and minutes for internal use
- assist in compilation of statistics for use in reports and briefs
- assist in receiving incoming missions and preparing briefings for visitors
- assist in dealing with external enquires on EU regulations and policies
- come from an EU Member State, pre-accession State or from the third country where the Delegation is accredited
- be a young graduate with a University diploma or at your last year of University
- have an excellent command of foreign languages, and be especially fluent in English. Knowledge of Cantonese and/or Mandarin would be an advantage
- have less than 1 year of professional experience
- have not yet worked in any of the EU institutions
Wage/fees: Traineeships are not remunerated
The EU Office organises its selection process for trainees in a fair and non-discriminatory way. A traineeship agreement will be signed by the trainee and his/her supervisor before the start date of the traineeship. All the documents required must be received and approved before the signature of the traineeship agreement
For further information about the activities of the European Union Office to Hong Kong and Macao, please visit the website
European Union Office to Hong Kong and Macao
19/F, St. John's Building
33 Garden Road, Central
Edited by Tatiana Camerota
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible nor liable for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
Edited by Tatiana Camerota