Are you currently studying for a Bachelor or Master degree and have a strong IT profile? Are you looking for a practical training period during the European summer (June – August)? If so, this could be the opportunity for you: apply now for the CERN openlab Summer Student Programme!
For more opportunities go to: Education
Organization: At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature.
Duty Station: Geneva, Switzerland
Open To: Candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree and Master students
Timeframe: Possible arrival dates: Monday 15 June, 22 June and 29 June 2020.
Deadline: 31 January 2020
Job description: One of CERN’s and CERN openlab’s key missions is education. Its professionals very much enjoy sharing their knowledge and expertise with students who are committed and passionate about their chosen field. And there is no better way to learn than on-the-job: when that job happens to be in a world-famous research organisation and centre of scientific excellence, it’s even better.
During two full months corresponding to 9 weeks (June - August 2020), CERN openlab summer students will work on an advanced IT project and will be given a series of IT lectures specially prepared for them by experts at CERN and other institutes. The students also have the opportunity to attend the main CERN Summer student programme lectures, if they wish. Visits to the accelerators and experimental areas are part of the programme, as well as visits to external companies. A short report and a presentation on your work and project at CERN will be expected at the end of your stay.
Qualifications: In order to qualify for a place on the programme you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You are a Bachelor or Master student (not PhD) with a strong computing profile and will have completed, by the European summer 2020, at least three years of full-time studies at university level.
- You will remain registered as a student during your stay at CERN. If you expect to graduate during European summer 2020 (as of May), you are also eligible to apply.
- You have not worked at CERN before with any other status (Technical Student, Trainee, User or other status) for more than 3 months and you have not previously been a Summer Student at CERN.
- You have a good knowledge of English; knowledge of French would be an advantage.
Application process: You will need the following documents clearly labelled to complete your application (e.g. “CV”, “academic transcript”, “reference letter” etc) in PDF format to complete your application;
- A CV in either English or French,
- A copy of your most recent academic transcript giving an overview of your marks (if you download it from your university portal please make sure there is no protection so that we can open it),
- At least one reference letter (dated less than 12 months), preferably two.
Useful links: Official offer page
Contact Information: For further informations, please visit this link.
1211 Geneva 23 - Switzerland
edited by Maria Laura Lo Cicero
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
Do you want to start an International Career? If you want to know something more about our association activities visit the website www.internationalcareersfestival.org