The 2019 ONE Africa Award will recognize Africa-driven and Africa-led advocacy efforts that have demonstrated success at the community, national or regional level.
For more opportunities go to: Education
Organization: The ONE Africa Award celebrates African efforts aimed at achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the world’s blueprint for a better future. SDG targets range from halving extreme poverty, to halting the spread of HIV/AIDS and providing universal primary education.
Duty Station: Africa
Open To: Civil society organizations, non-governmental organizations and other groups based in Africa
Timeframe: not mentioned
Deadline: January 31, 2020
Job description: The award recognizes, rewards and advances the exceptional work of organizations founded by Africans and based in Africa, dedicated to advancing development goals in Africa.
Qualifications: Organizations will be graded in five categories and will be awarded between 1-10 points in each of these categories:
- The extent to which the organization has designed and implemented an innovative advocacy program that employs entrepreneurial and sustainable approaches to impact in a given sector(s).
- Ability to demonstrate and communicate specific indicators of progress and impact linking work to a given sector(s) in a clear results-oriented framework.
- Demonstration of the ability to replicate efforts of the organization to scale interventions.
- Demonstration of strong internal and constituency accountability mechanisms (for example, community leadership consultations and involvement in programs to demonstrate that interventions are relevant to the majority of the poor in the target community and empower them in a sustainable way) along with the transparency of operations.
- The extent to which the organization has employed creative partnerships to achieve its goal(s) and ensure coordination with other development actors. These partnerships may include public and/or private sector players.
Wage/Fees: US$100,000 award
Useful links: ONE Award
edited by Chiara D’Ambrosio
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
Do you want to start an International Career? If you want to know something more about our association activities visit the website www.internationalcareersfestival.org