This scheme is for outstanding scientists who are in the early stages of their research career and have the potential to become leaders in their field
For more opportunities go to: Education
Organization: The Royal Society. The Royal Society is the independent scientific academy of the UK and the Commonwealth. Its aim is to recognise, promote and support excellence in science, and to encourage the development and use of science for the benefit of humanity.
Duty Station: London
Open To: International Students
Timeframe: A.Y. 2019/2020
Deadline: September 2nd
Job description: The scheme offers you the opportunity to:
- build an independent research career
- focus on your own research, with a limit on administrative and teaching duties
- hold your fellowship on a part-time basis to suit personal circumstances
This scheme is highly flexible to accommodate for part-time working, sabbaticals and secondments.
Qualifications: The applicant has to have between three to eight years of research experience since your PhD by the closing date of the round. Career breaks are taken into account, please refer to the scheme notes for further detail
- do not hold a permanent post in a university or not for profit research organisation
- do not hold, or have not previously held, an equivalent fellowship that provides an opportunity to establish an independent research group and therefore independent researcher status
Wage/Fees: Research Fellows salary: 80% of the basic salary costs up to £40,681.46 in the first year, estates costs and indirect costs. Research expenses:
- Contribution to research expenses of £13,000 in year one and £11,000 per year thereafter
- Additional research expenses of up to £40,000 in 2020/21 will also be awarded
Application process: Applications should be submitted through the Society’s grant management system Flexi-Grant®. Your application will go through the process detailed on the Making a grant application page overseen by the one of four research appointment panels based on your research area.
Federico Sconocchia Pisoni
The editorial staff of carriereinternazionali.com is not responsible for the reliability of the information contained in this article. If you want any further information concerning this vacancy, please contact the proposing organization.
Do you want to start an International Career? If you want to know something more about our association activities visit the website www.internationalcareersfestival.org